Training & Development | Resources
Gifted Education at the Heights
STAFF Training and Development
The Heights School offers its entire staff CPC – 12 a comprehensive
training and development program designed to share information about
The Program is called Tier 1 training.
Some of the sessions that are delivered include
- Identification of Gifted Students
- Testing methods
- Characteristics of Gifted Students
- Models of Differentiation – (Blooms
Taxonomy, Renzulli School Wide Enrichment Triad, Williams Model,
- Strategies to use with Gifted Learners
– Higher Order Thinking Skills (Question Matrix, Thinkers
Keys, Thinkers Hats
- Social and Emotional needs of Gifted Students
- Learning Area Specific Information
- The IGNITE Program
- Brain Theory
This training is generally 10 hours and is a comprehensive beginning
to teachers understanding of gifted education.
The school also provides sharing and planning
time for teachers in learning areas to improve
their curriculum and integrate thinking skills more broadly.
The school also assists interested staff to attend National
and International conferences where the staff members hear
current and up to date research in gifted education.
Each term, a Gifted Education parent evening is held. These presentations have a training and development focus helping parents and caregivers understand the needs of gifted children.