Students | Gallery
Any activity designed to broaden and develop a student’s
- Interests etc
Beyond the basic program (Braggett 1994)
- A broadening and deepening of a particular
area and students are encouraged to critically examine,
develop and evaluate ideas and solve problems.
Enrichment activities have three main emphases.
Type 1 activities within the observatory
- Daytime tours and presentations
- Viewing sessions
- Astronomical society speaker every
fortnight at lunchtimes
- Slide shows
- Planetarium visit
Type 2 activities within the Observatory
- Student presentations to visiting
- Organising and running courses for
- Developing leadership and decision
Type 3 activities within the Observatory
- Advanced level understanding and application.
e.g. CCD Astrophotography leading to independent research.
- Working with mentors.
- Adding to existing scientific knowledge
e.g. discovering new comets and variable star research.